Saturday, June 09, 2012

Scrambled eggs brunch

Even though I like visiting cafes to check out the latest "hotspots", in fact, I secretly prefer brunch at home.

I like that cafes provide a good atmosphere for me to catch up with friends, and I can spend time observing the cafe's decor and little details. But nothing beats having brunch at home for a thoroughly pleasant time. I mean, it doesn't matter if I wake up late, or whether I'm dressed in my PJs, I still get to enjoy my meal in peace at the balcony on a lazy weekend.

Scrambled eggs brunch

Homemade brunch can be quite easy to whip up. With a few simple ingredients, you'll get a decent brunch meal in a short while.

For brunch one weekend, I whipped up some scrambled eggs in a matter of ten minutes. Of course, the other ingredients (prepping the sauteed mushrooms, frying up the sausages) took just a little extra time, but everything could be done in half an hour's time I reckon.

I prepped and cooked the mushrooms first and left it to cool, and using the same pan, I fried the sausages and sliced 'em up. I started on the eggs using a clean saucepan, and when they were almost done, I used the pan used to prep the mushrooms and sausages to toast the English muffins. I plated everything by placing a slice of brie cheese, sauteed mushrooms and scrambled eggs onto the English muffins, and pairing it with the sausages in a bed of spinach and some fresh vine tomatoes. Yums.

Of course, what is brunch without some coffee or OJ? We had a milk frother at home, so I had a cuppa fresh brewed latte using the Vietnamese hazelnut coffee grounds that I had bought several months back. All in all, a thoroughly satisfying meal. ;)

 Ingredients for a homemade brunch 
Latte; Brunch plate

Gordon Ramsey's Scrambled Eggs
(serves three)
4 large eggs
large knob of butter (prob about 1 - 1.5 tbsp)
2 tbsp milk (whipping cream preferably)
salt and pepper

Break the eggs into a small, heavy-based frying pan or saucepan and add the butter and salt. Place over a medium-high heat, and stir the eggs together with a wooden spoon. 
Once mixed, leave the eggs on the heat for a few seconds, and then stir again. If they're setting too quickly, remove from heat to stir and then replace on top of the stove again. Repeat the over the heat/ remove from heat motions until they begin to set, till they're just at the stage where they are not quite as cooked as you like them as they will continue to cook slightly afterwards. 
Remove pan from the heat, stir in the milk, and serve immediately.

Here's a video link for a clearer picture > click here.

10 comments:

  1. Cute! I wish I cooked more but I'll have to wait when I move to a better location. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you go to buy the english muffins? 

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i got it at the cold storage near my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glorious scrambled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! :D Nothing like a home-cooked meal to brighten up the day. I'm definitely going to try this one of the weekends. The english muffins look goooood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hear hear! homecooked meal sure does perk one up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey i'm just wondering what camera/lens you use for your pictures they are absolutely amazing! Love your food posts immensely! I'm a Singaporean studying in Australia and I love the use of Asian ingredients and techniques in western recipes :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks! im using a canon eos 600D, mostly with the macro lens efs 60mm. :) cool. i've studied in aussie too! love it there. which part are u located?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in Perth studying medicine right now, but back in Singapore for a week for my brother's wedding and made use of some of your dessert recipes to make him and his bride a medley of desserts for the reception haha! I'm much more of a cooker than a baker, I have absolutely no patience for following recipes :P

    Thanks so much for the camera info! I'm about to buy a canon 7d and was looking for the right lenses, think I'm gonna go with the 50mm 1.4f and a 24-70mm zoom :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool. hope u guys enjoyed the desserts! no prob bout the cam info - everyone has their own preference, just go with what you like. have fun with taking photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...