Saturday, October 20, 2012

Stuffed french toast with bananas and maple whipped cream

I've always wanted to make stuffed french toast. As you know, I'm a breakfast kinda person, so I love having all kinds of breakfast foods such as waffles, pancakes, french toast, big breakfast, scrambled eggs, granola yogurt, cereal with berries and milk. Yeps, I practically like every other breakfast option.

So, I told my Sis that I'll be making french toast. And since I know she's not really a fan of french toast, but she loves peanut butter, I decided to make PBB stuffed french toast. And that reads peanut butter banana (in case you were wondering...).

While I don't mind peanut butter (only the crunchy kind please!), I'm actually more of a Nutella girl myself. Thus, I decided to make both PBB, and NB (yeps, nutella banana!) for breakfast.
 

Stuffed french toast with bananas and maple whipped cream

Peanut butter? Or Nutella for you?
Stack of golden crispy stuffed french toast

Surprisingly though, the peanut butter girl actually said she preferred the Nutella version! Then again, why should I be surprised? Nutella's something that most people like anyway. In fact, I used to love scooping Nutella outta the jar and licking it straight when I was a kid. Then again, I kinda still do that occasionally. ;)

Try both versions and see which you prefer. Either way, it makes for a yummy-licious breakfast/brunch!



Stuffed french toast with bananas and maple whipped cream (adapted from Michelle at Une-Deux Senses)

Eggs mixture
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

butter, for greasing pan
Nutella (or crunchy peanut butter), the more the better! ;)
2 bananas, thinly sliced

In a medium bowl mix the eggs, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla till well combined.
Spread Nutella onto half of the bread slices, then place a layer of banana slices on top of the Nutella, before placing the other half bread slices on them to make a Nutella sandwich.
Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, drop a tablespoon of butter and wait until melted. Dip the bread into the liquid mixture until coated well on each side (do NOT over soak or else it will become soggy).
Drop the sandwiches into the hot pan and cook using a tablespoon of butter for each batch.
Cook until golden brown, about 3 - 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, slice in half diagonally and eat immediately.
Top with the fresh bananas and maple whipped cream.

Maple whipped cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla

Using a mixer, whip the cream until peaks start to form. While on low speed, slowly add the maple syrup and vanilla. Continue beating until peaks become stiff.

4 comments:

  1. oh yum.. stuffed french toast is yummm.. it looks like one of those korean cafe type of breakie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha next time i might try a cream cheese stuffed one! lol. really? nv did see such breakkie in korea...means i gotta go korea again to find! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! I think i`m a peanut butter girl. I mean I LOVE nutella, but I feel like I`ll like the peanut butter with bananas more than nutella. And heck yes, always crunchy peanut butter! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha everyone i know is always either one or the other. ive not met anyone who's a neither! i really wonder who eats creamy PB (whoops no offense to those. just really curious!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...