Monday, November 19, 2012

L'Etoile Cafe

About a month ago, I started cafe hopping on the weekends with a girlfriend. Two cafes per Sunday. We did it about two weeks or so straight cos our schedules happened to coincide. For once. We started off with a brunch cafe, followed with a coffee joint after. L'Etoile was our "late brunch" (I wonder what one call lunch+dinner. Lunner? Dinch? Ha!) cafe option.

L'Etoile Cafe


The place was actually quite packed, and we sat outside for a bit while waiting for a seat to be available indoors. Our coffees arrived and they were actually pretty forgettable. We ordered a flat white and latte and both were actually too milky. The coffee tones were quite muted, so for those who don't really like bitter strong coffee, these might be right up your alley.


We ordered a plate of big breakfast and a plate of truffle fries to share. The portion of fries given was actually quite big, alas, it didn't really deliver much on the truffle part. Nonetheless, I was hungry, so I nommed on my fair share of fries. The big breakfast was also quite forgettable, in our opinions.

So, we agreed that the F&B at this place was just average, but it definitely had a nice atmosphere. We moved indoors shortly after our food arrived, and it was a quite a cosy place to hang out (there were low benches near some bookshelves where people were just reading, or using their laptop at the back, and when I popped upstairs to check out the layout, several clusters of friends were surrounded by vintage furniture). The shop also had some pretty crafts and knick knacks at the side of the counter up for sale.






There was a coffee joint within walking distance, but when we walked over, the place was actually closed. I forgot that this was one coffee joint that did not had a fixed opening hours, so, in the end, I drove over to another cafe that was relatively near too. That's for another post to come.

5 comments:

  1. The vintage things are so cute! And your photography is so pretty!! Where is this place located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. ha, this place is in singapore though - it's at Owen Road (you're based in indonesia currently right?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeap! I relocated to Indo but I actually grew up in sg :p I usually get to visit once in a while so I've been compiling a list of places to visit! My list seems to be growing too much :s I'll keep a lookout for this place, I totally love the way the surroundings look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. There's an influx of cafes this year, you'll have fun popping by when you're in town. Do you like the pretty cafes with brunch or coffee joints more? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like both :) but mostly the ones with brunch or tea time and pastries hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...