Sunday, March 31, 2013

Crepes

Following the Meyer lemon cake, I had leftover lemon curd. So I decided to make breakfast with it.

Crepes Filled with Meyer Lemon Curd, Mascarpone Cheese and Kiwiberries

Meyer lemons; Kiwiberries
Crepes

It was my first time making crepes, and it was not as hard as I had thought it would be. Thought not papery thin, my crepes turned out fine. I paired it with tangy lemon curd, mascarpone cream (to cut through the sourness of the lemon curd), and some kiwiberries that were in season. The colours are really summer-ish and cheerful isn't it? Serve to people who actually love and appreciate lemony stuff (which sad to say, does not encompass my family). If not, you can always fill the crepes with sweet options such as jam or nutella.

The Sis is not a fan of crepes (or pancakes in general), so I don't think I'll be making these much at home (*Cue sad face) unless I'm hosting a brunch at home or something. Sigh. And I was looking forward to making chocolate crepes with nutella and berries. Or crepes with berry sauce. Or crepes suzette. There goes my endless crepes possibilities...


Crepes Filled with Meyer Lemon Curd, Mascarpone Cheese and Kiwiberries
(adapted from Gina at Skinnytaste)
(makes about 11 crepes)

Crepes
110g AP flour
2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1/3 cup egg whites (about 2)
1 whole egg
1 tsp vegetable oil

Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly till ingredients are just combined.
Grease and heat a non-stick pan.
When pan is hot, ladle about 1/4 cup crepe batter into the pan, swirling lightly to make the crepe as thin as possible.
Cook for one or two minutes, flip over to the other side and continue cooking for another one minute or until light golden brown.
Repeat with the rest of the crepe batter.

Mascarpone cheese
Meyer lemon curd (recipe here)
Kiwiberries, halved

Spread a thin layer of mascarpone cream onto a crepe, followed by lemon curd.
Top with kiwiberries. Fold the sides of the crepe inwards.
Repeat with rest of the crepes.

8 comments:

  1. Your crepes look so delicious! I've never seen kiwiberries before, I love the look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make these sweet crepes for me when I go over to your hse next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwiberries are awesome! Saw them in Woolworths last week and couldn't resist trying a pack since I saw it on your blog hehe. Expensive though =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's only in recent years that I've seen them in the supermarts...thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah they're not exactly cheap are they? i got them for S$4.90 a pack. how much did u get yours for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops sorry for the late response! I can't really remember - I think they were close to AUD$4.00...? There were about...7-8 in the pack as well. BUT I can't find them anymore =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with lemon everythinggg. Naturally, I'm in love with these crepes. It`s weird, my dad doesn`t appreciate lemon...but lucky, the rest of my household does! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...