Monday, June 08, 2015

Live a Life You Will Remember

Isn't life too short at times?


Cliché as it might sound, nevertheless, it rings true (at least to me). The popular slang, YOLO, is oft overused nowadays, but hey, there's some verity to that phrase. We are all given one chance at life equally, and everyone uses their chance differently.

I chanced upon a song a friend shared on Facebook today. Avicii - The Nights. The lyrics are particularly poignant - "One day you'll leave this world behind, So live a life you will remember."

The world is so big out there. I still have so much things I want to do before I die. Skydive from a plane in New Zealand. Ride a camel in Morocco. Camp out in the cold in hopes to have a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis. Learn to cycle so I can cycle about in some quaint European countryside paths. Go for a safari ride in Africa. Bake a croquemboche. Hike up a mountain and catch the sunrise/sunset. Be on a hot air balloon in Turkey. Fall deeply madly in love. Watch the fireworks, travel to the city of love, and go for long walks with the person who is special to me, as I am special to him. Learn to play the piano (or heck, just find someone who can play it for me).

Carpe Diem [Seize the day]. Never truer words indeed. I should learn to let go of the fear of venturing out of my comfort zone in order to live a life worth remembering. I don't particularly want to be on the brink of my death, and then thinking back to "if only I had...".

I've always wanted to dye my hair a crazy colour, and I just did so yesterday! I have violet streaks in my hair now! And, also, I finally took the plunge today to confirm something that I had been dragging on forever. Baby steps yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...