Sunday, October 25, 2015

Double Chocolate Muffins

I was sick for the past few days. And boy do I really hate being sick. In fact, whenever I fall sick, it seems to be the same ol' flu bug that just wham bam smack me. It was especially bad on Wednesday night and I couldn't fall asleep because my nose was so blocked that I totally couldn't breathe. You know that feeling I'm describing right? The whole trying to breathe through your mouth motions, which totally sucks big-time cos you're sucking in loads of air, which makes you just want to burp repeatedly, which in turn hurts like mad cos your throat is quite sore. Aaargh.

Anyway. So I've been cooped up at home for the past three days not doing anything much except spam reading manga on my phone, or snooze in the afternoon because of the meds. I did actually managed to do some productive stuff though - like clear a whole ton of mail that was piling up like mad in the room, and also edit enough photos to form a couple few new posts. (Yay!)

When I am sick, it's porridge all the way for meals. Lunch and dinner. So needless to say, looking at all these food photos I edited made me a tad grouchy cos I was craving for them - in which I cannot eat them because I am sick. Bah. Especially these double chocolate muffins...

Double Chocolate Muffins


These muffins were packed with so much chocolate that it was almost wrong to call them breakfast.


I love how they were so huge and more-ish, with heaving tops and plump bodies (and I just realised the words can apply to one if you indulge in a little too many of these muffins ha!). Stuffed thoroughly with melty oozy bits of chocolate chunks (I totally recommend using chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips to get the maximum melty chocolate experience), man these can definitely satisfy any chocolate cravings.


Recommended with a tall glass of milk, or a cuppa black coffee. Either way works for me. Now pardon me while I am off to cry in a corner, for I am sick and unable to have any such treat...


Double Chocolate Muffins (adapted from Alexandra at Bright Eyed Baker)
(makes 12 muffins)

100g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
20g flax meal
125g cocoa
2½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
50g brown sugar
150g white sugar
½ cup oil
1½ cup yogurt
1 tbsp vanilla
250g chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 190C.
Combine flours, flax meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a bowl and whisk to mix.
Beat the eggs using mixer, then slowly add the sugars in and beat together till mixture is pale, thick and fluffy.
Add the oil, beat to mix, then add the yogurt and vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients and fold to mix.
Fold in the chocolate.
Line a muffin tray with baking cups, divide batter into the cups evenly.
Bake for 10 at 190C, then another 5-10 minutes at 170C. Remove from oven when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
Leave to cool completely before storing in airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...